In P.E. class, I was always one of the last ones picked. Not because I was overweight (if anything, I was underweight), but because I was just an unathletic, shy klutzy kid. I didn’t get along with many girls, so I had guy friends, which made the girls hate me even more. I was bullied, I cried a lot. I was called a nerd on a regular basis, but luckily for me in the long run, I was good at school.
Now, that academic talent has somewhat dropped off, but it’s also manifested itself in something that I suppose I always knew I’d end up doing: writing. How does this all relate to thank a blogger day? Well through blogging, and meeting other bloggers, it’s like a whole new world has been opened up to me. Sure, I’m not married. I don’t have kids, and sometimes, I feel left out. But most of the time, I feel like I’m being picked first for something when someone comments on my blog. I have GIRLFRIENDS! (Hear that, mom? I’m not just palling around with the boys anymore!) I know that if someone were to bully me now, I’d have a whole army of kickass ladies to back me up.. plus Aunt Becky and her army of pranksters, who I sure as hell wouldn’t want to mess with. These bloggers support my crazyhairbrainedwhackass ideas and still love me for em. Thank god for that.
Things might have been a bit easier then if I’d known that the internet– which back in high school was the source of plenty of ridicule and torment– would help me to discover and start building my own, amazing, talented, kickass community. I’m going to try to thank everyone for being so incredible, but if I commit the unforgivable sin of leaving you out, TELL ME! (also, because this will later become my blogroll on the new site).
First and foremost, my mommy blogger friends. I hate the term, but so many of you have become both best friends and like second (third, fourth) mommies to me. You’ve made me laugh, cry, want babies, and be terrified of having rugrats. These are my sister wives.
- Angel- TheMommyTsunami
- Morgan- The818
- Aunt Becky- MommyWantsVodka and BandBackTogether (of the John C. Mayer fame, kids!)
- Pam- AccessoryWhore
- Kalisa- TheOneinHeels & NoExcusesFashion
- Nic- My Bottle’s Up
- Katherine- Postpartum Progress
- Sara- TomtheGirl (up until today, she was tom the girl… didn’t actually know her real name!)
- Grace- Glitter and Dinosaurs
- Kristen (aka MissScarlett)- A Bun for my Oven (you get to be a mommy blogger because I said so.)
- Hannah- PeggyAnnDesign
- Mary Mac- PajamasandCoffee (congrats on the new job!)
Next, my creatives. Y’all are amazing and inspiring and I don’t know how you have so many good ideas. It makes me jealous but it also kicks my behind into high gear!
- Martha (my bosslady)- Artimated
- Sonja- The Cultivated Word (also my boss lady, linking to her site bc the blog has my posts!)
- Melissa- IStillLoveYou
- Jenn- Hostess With the Mostess (you guys know how much I love her!)
- Kim- The Tom Kat Studio
- Brooke- All Things Thrifty
And I hate to put you guys last but seriously, it’s cuz I had to save up extra love for you!… my categorically-ambiguous ladies😉
::Deep breath:: I know I’m missing people, and I’m SORRYYYYYY. There, I said it. Now, if I left you out, tell me. Or give me a thousand lashes with a wet noodle, it’s your choice.